Your RUNCIMAN DNA Project Needs YOU
The lines listed are those where either there is as yet no representative, or one that needs clarification or verification.
Eligible males who can document their descent from those listed here would be most welcome to join the project.
If able and willing to help, check out the at project FAQs etc, and when ready, and comfortable that this is a harmless process, we would love for you to join us.
The project may be able to subsidise up to 37 markers for particular lines, although please note that the preferred test is 67 markers - and that donations from anyone wishing to help finance the fun can be made via a secure Contribution link on the FamilyTree DNA Runciman project pages.
Although the RUNCIMAN Surname DNA project is primarily focussed on Y-DNA, and thus direct male line RUNCIMAN descendants of each lineage, anyone with a RUNCIMAN ancestor is welcome to join the project with either a mitochondrial DNA test (direct maternal line only), or more usefully for genealogical timeframes, a FamilyFinder autosomal DNA test (any ancestral line).
To read about the various tests, see the FamilyTree DNA pages.
All may be ordered via the above "join us" link, but only the Y-DNA test attracts a project discount.
- WANTED! Index People from the wanted lines with some information included on this site
Some of the lines still unrepresented
- Wanted:James and Isabella (Carter) Runciman Another Michigan Runciman family believed to connect to the Wanton Walls lineage
- Wanted: Andrew and Margaret (Thompson) Runciman A family in Northumberland Co, Ontario
- Wanted: Alexander & Hepburn/Dow RUNCIMAN An Inchture, (Perthshire) family to Ontario, some lines still in Scotland
- Wanted: James & Mary (THOMSON) RUNCIMAN James assumed to be from East Lothian line of John and Jean (WATT) RUNCIMAN
- Wanted: David and Jean (BIGGAR) RUNCIMAN David a millwright, of an age to possibly be the son of William & Mary (Forsyth) Runciman
- Wanted: George & Mary (Duggan) RUNCIMAN an army family, descendants born Ireland, India...
- Wanted: James & Mary (Burton) RUNCIEMAN a family of gardeners
Lines with puzzles to solve
- Wanted: Thomas and Jean (Simpson) Runciman Of Dunbar, possible parents for four lines
- Wanted: Thomas and Mary (Redpath) Runciman Connections to Innerwick, Dunbar, and also Berwickshire
- Wanted: Alexander and Joan (Manderson) Runciman Of Meikle Pinkerton
- Wanted: Robert and Agnes (King) Runciman Another of the assumed sons of Thomas and Jean(Simpson)
- Wanted: William and Janet (Paxton) Runciman Another of the assumed sons of Thomas and Jean(Simpson)
Lines where additional representatives would be "nice to have"
- Wanted: Thomas & Alison (Grieve) RUNCIMAN anyone from a line other than Thomas & Isabella (CRAIG)?
Why should only the Runciman males have all the fun?Even if you aren't a direct male line RUNCIMAN, you may still be able to help us connect up the RUNCIMAN trees.
We have a small but growing pool of descendants of RUNCIMAN lines who have tested Family Tree DNA's FamilyFinder test.
Where a line has "daughtered out", this may be our only chance to prove a connection.
Do consider venturing forth.
Contact the Admin for further information if interested.