(7 Dec 1764 - )
|Father*||William Runciman (of Crail)1 (Mar 1729 - Jan 1765)|
|Mother*||Patricia Stephen1 (say 1725 - )|
BDMsMary Runsyman was born on 7 Dec 1764 Crail, FIF, SCT.1 She was baptized on 1 Jan 1765 at Crail, Fife; transcr. of entry shows: "William Runsyman and Patricia Stephen in Newburgh had their daughter Mary b 7th Dec last baptized. Presented by Thomas Rae. Witnesses Bailliee Jamesieson, Convenor Laurie, James Fowler and George Begbie who along with the minister became engaged for the education of the child as William Runsyman whom she gave for the father would not take with it."1,2 She and Andrew Black were in a de facto relationship in 1798 at Crail, Fife.3
Names/other infoIn 1765 her surname was recorded as Runcieman.5
|Andrew Black (say 1760 - )|
|Charts||Lineage 1b: William (JAMIESON/WISHART) RUNCIMAN of Crail|
|Last Edited||26 Jun 2013|
- [S1597] FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth 7 Dec 1764 Bap. 1 Jan 1765 Mary d/o William RUNSYMAN & Patricia STEPHEN, Crail, FIF, from Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950 batch C11417-5 film 1040157, extracted Oct 2012.
- [S3073] Ros Runciman, "RUNCIMAN Corres.," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Bap. 1 Jan 1765 Mary d/o William RUNSYMAN & Patricia STEPHEN, Newburgh (Crail?), FIF, transcr. from Ann GIRVAN Jul 1990, rcvd Oct 2012.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Birth 21 Jan Bap. 14 Apr 1799 Andrew BLACK illeg. s/o Andrew BLACK & Mary RUNCIMAN, Crail, FIF, 417/00 0020 0372, copy rcvd from Alan R, Jun 2013.
- [S3221] Phyllis RUNCIMAN, "EM RUNCIMAN/WISHART/JAMIESON ex Phyllis R," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Pay-outs to the widows and children of the Crail fishermen drowned on 21st January 1765, from GD/26/12/25 held National Archives of Scotland (NAS), transcr. by Phyllis rcvd Nov 2012.
- [S3221] Phyllis RUNCIMAN, "EM RUNCIMAN/WISHART/JAMIESON ex Phyllis R," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Dec 1766 Minutes from Pay-outs to the widows and children of the Crail fishermen drowned on 21st January 1765, ref GD/26/12/25 held National Archives of Scotland (NAS), transcr. by Phyllis rcvd Nov 2012.