(circa 1792 - aft. 1851)
BDMsAnne Whitecross was born circa 1792 in the Par. of Prestonkirk, ELN, SCT.2 She married James Runciman, son of John Runciman and Jeanie Barrie, on 3 Apr 1847 Dirleton, ELN, SCT.1
Anne Whitecross died aft. 1851 ?Dirleton, ELN, SCT; the 1852 Dunbar dth recorded in the OPR is simply recorded as "Ann RUNCIMAN, a pauper", others on the page indicate widow of ..., so inconclusive as to whether or not this Anne, but seems unlikely.3
CensusAnne Whitecross was not found in the census of 1841 Has anyone found Ann in 1841 as yet??6 She appeared on the census of 1851 Bothy, Par. of Dirleton, ELN, SCT, in the household of John Runciman as dtr in law.2
|Charts||Lineage 1b: William (JAMIESON/WISHART) RUNCIMAN of Crail|
|Last Edited||13 May 2012|
- [S103] Scotlands People Index, "OPR East Lothian SctP RUNCIMAN Marriages 1538-1854", Marr. 3 Apr 1847 James RUNCIMAN & Anne WHITECROSS, Dirleton, ELN, 705/ 0040 0249, extracted from index May 2012.
- [S203] 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Dirleton, ELN Par. 705 ED 1 Pg 14 Sched 66, hsehold of John RUNCIMAN, extracted Oct 2007.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bur. 31 Oct 1852 Ann RUNCIMAN, "a pauper", Dunbar, ELN 706 00 0080 0358, copy d/loaded May 2012.
- [S56] Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 9 Dec 1882 Ann wid/o James RUNCIMAN (tailor) d/o William MORRISON & Jane ROSS, aged 83, reg. Haddington, ELN, 709 #77, copy d/loaded May 2012.
- [S2195] Www Rootsweb online at http://wc.rootsweb.com/, Dth 12 Sep 1882 Ann RUNCIMAN nee WHITECROSS, from tree of Daneil JONES, last updated Jul 2008, online at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi, extracted May 2012.
- [S3] Lorna Henderson, "RUNCIMAN Analysis", May 2012.