Margaret Brodie Runciman1
(circa May 1826 - 1 Oct 1872)
|Father*||Charles Runciman2 (Oct 1794 - Aug 1852)|
|Mother*||Isabella Dick White2 (circa 1799 - 1884)|
BDMsMargaret Runciman was born circa May 1826 Dirleton, ELN, SCT.2,3
Margaret Runciman married John Runciman Whitecross, son of Peter Whitecross and Elizabeth Runciman, on 22 Jun 1854 North Berwick, ELN, SCT.1,4
Margaret Brodie Whitecross died on 1 Oct 1872 Quality St, North Berwick, ELN, SCT; cert. shows Margaret Brodie Runciman Whitecross as wife of John Runciman Whitecross grocer & wine merchant; d/o Charles RUNCMAN farmer dec'd & Isabella m.s. WHITE; d. 4:55pm of chronic rheumatism 15 yrs; Inf. husband John R WHITECROSS; reg. 7th.1
CensusMargaret Runciman appeared on the census of 1841 Dirleton, ELN, SCT, in the household of Charles Runciman and Isabella Dick Runciman and is assumed to be a dtr.5
The census of 1851 showed Margaret in the household of her parents Charles and Isabella Dick Runciman Catfield, Par. of Dirleton, ELN, SCT.2
Margaret Brodie Whitecross appeared on the census of 1861 as wife of John Runciman Whitecross Quality St, North Berwick, ELN, SCT, enumerated as WHITECROSS: John R 33 grocer & wine & spirit merchant emp 1 man 1 b b Nth Berwick, ELN; wife Margret B 33 b Dirleton, ELN; Children: Isabella W 5, Elizabeth R 4 both scholars b Nth Berwick; Servants: William DUNN 16 app grocer b Nth Berwick; Thos PRINGLE 15 app grocer b Aberlady, ELN; Grace HOPEKIRK 18 b Whitekirk, HAD.6
Margaret Runciman appeared on the census of 1871 as wife of John Runciman Whitecross at North Berwick, East Lothian, enumerated as WHITECROSS: John R 44 grocer & wine merchant emp 1 man b Nth Berwick, ELN; wife Margaret 44 b Dirleton, ELN; Children: Isabella W 15, Elizabeth R 14 both scholars b Nth Berwick; Mother-in-law Isabella RUNCIMAN 72 annuitant b Gladsmuir, ELN; Servant Isabella ?BUNES? 18 b Edin.7
LinksClick here to see Margaret's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.8
|John Runciman Whitecross (Apr 1826 - Dec 1898)|
|Charts||Lineage 1b: William (JAMIESON/WISHART) RUNCIMAN of Crail|
The WHITECROSS / RUNCIMAN connections
|Last Edited||28 Jul 2013|
- [S2903] Lawrence FLETCHER, "RUNCIMAN/WISHART/JAMIESON Corres. ex Lawrence F," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Dth 1 Oct 1872 Margaret Brodie Runciman WHITECROSS d/o Charles RUNCMAN & Isabella WHITE, w/o John Runciman WHITECROSS, Nth Berwick, ELN 713 #23, copy rcvd Feb 2010.
- [S203] 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Catfield, Dirleton, ELN Par 705 ED 1 Pg 16 Sched 84, hsehold of Charles & Isabella RUNCIMAN, extracted Nov 2010.
- [S102] Scotlands People Index, "OPR East Lothian, SCT RUNCIMAN Births 1538-1854", Birth/Bap.? 8 May 1826 Margaret d/o Charles RUNCIMAN & Isabel WHITE, Dirleton, ELN 705/ 0040 0039, extracted May 2012.
- [S103] Scotlands People Index, "OPR East Lothian SctP RUNCIMAN Marriages 1538-1854", Marr. 22 Jun 1854 Margaret RUNCIMAN & John WHITECROSS, North Berwick, ELN 713/ 0070 0150, extracted from index May 2012.
- [S201] 1841 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Dirleton, ELN Par. 705 ED: 1; Page: 12; hsehold of Charles & Isabella RUNCIMAN, extracted Jan 2012.
- [S205] 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Nth Berwick, ELN Reg. 713 ED 1 Sched 115, hsehold of John R & Margret B WHITECROSS, extracted May 2012.
- [S207] 1871 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Nth Berwick, ELN Reg. 713/1 ED 2 Sched 107, hsehold of John R & Margaret WHITECROSS, extracted May 2012.
- [S3217] WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct-11.