(10 Jun 1857 - 7 Aug 1908)
|Father*||Thomas Runciman1,2 (Jul 1818 - May 1868)|
|Mother*||Joan Watterston1,2 (circa 1827 - Dec 1913)|
BDMsMargaret Craise Runciman was born on 10 Jun 1857 Dunbar, ELN, SCT.1,2,3
Margaret Runciman married James Whitecross, son of Peter Pringle Whitecross and Margaret Napier, on 11 Apr 1879 East Barns, Par. of Dunbar, ELN, SCT, cert. shows Margaret as 21 dom. serv. resid East Barns, Dunbar, d/o Thomas RUNCIMAN farm serv. dec'd & Joan m.s. WATTERSTON; James as 23 farm servant resid. Gladsmuir, s/o Peter WHITECROSS farm serv & Margaret m.s. NAPIER; Wit: John WHITECROSS & ?Ann? RUNCIMAN, reg. 14th.4
Margaret Craise Runciman died on 7 Aug 1908 Carpertstang, Par. of North Berwick, ELN, SCT, at age 51.5,6
CensusMargaret Runciman appeared on the census of 1861 East Barns, Par. of Dunbar, ELN, SCT, in the household of Thomas Runciman and Joan Runciman as daughter of Thomas.1 Margaret Craise Runciman appeared on the census of 1871 at the Farm, East Barns, Par. of Dunbar, ELN, SCT, in the household of Joan Runciman as daughter of Joan.7
Margaret Craise Whitecross appeared on the census of 1891 Hodges, Par. of Gladsmuir, ELN, SCT, with James Whitecross, enumerated as WHITECROSS: James 35 ag lab b Athelstonford; wife Margaret 33 b Dunbar; Children: Peter 10, Joan 7 both b Dirleton.8
|Charts||Lineage 1d: Alexander & Janet (HENDRIE) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar, ELN|
The WHITECROSS / RUNCIMAN connections
Wanted: Thomas and Jean (Simpson) Runciman
Wanted: Alexander and Joan (Manderson) Runciman
|Last Edited||30 Dec 2012|
- [S205] 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, East Barns, Dunbar, ELN Reg. 706 ED 11 Pg 3 Sched 12, hsehold of Thomas & Joan RUNCIMAN, extracted Apr 2010.
- [S1597] FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth 10 Jun 1857 Margaret Craise d/o Thomas RUNCIMAN & Joan WATTERSTON, Dunbar, ELN, from Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950 batch C11706-1 film 6035516, extracted May 2012.
- [S2970] Births deaths marriages index: Scotland 1855+, Birth 1857 Margaret Craise RUNCIMAN, Dunbar, ELN, 706/00 0073, extracted from index May 2012 , http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk
- [S56] Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 11 Apr 1879 Margaret d/o Thomas RUNCIMAN & Jane WATTERSON; James s/o Peter WHITECROSS & Margaret NAPIER, Dunbar, ELN 706 #9, copy d/loaded (for Robert RUNCIMAN/Robina DEVINE) May 2012.
- [S3082] Rootsweb: RUNCIMAN Mailing List online at http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/surname/r/…, Dth 7 Aug Margaret w/o James WHITECROSS, d/o Thomas RUNCIMAN & Joan WATHERSTONE, at Carpertstang, aged 51 yrs, from H/stone Thomas RUNCIMAN & Joan WATHERSTON, Dunbar, ELN, transcr. Barbara SAMPLES, posted Jun 2003, extracted May 2012.
- [S2970] Births deaths marriages index: Scotland 1855+, Dth 1906 Margaret RUNCMAN, aged 51, other name WHITECROSS, reg. Nth Berwick, ELN, 713/00 0022, extracted from index May 2012 , http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk
- [S207] 1871 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Dunbar Landward, ELN Reg. 706/2 ED 3 Sched 23, hsehold of Joan RUNCIMAN, extracted Sep 2010.
- [S212] 1891 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Par. of Gladsmuir, ELN Reg. 708 ED 1 Sched 4 hsehold of James & Margaret WHITECROSS, extracted May 2012.