(7 Jul 1903 - 1 Nov 2000)
|Father*||Walter Runciman 1st Viscount Runciman of Doxford3,4 (Nov 1870 - Nov 1949)|
|Mother*||Hilda Stevenson3 (Sep 1869 - Oct 1956)|
IntroA noted historian. His magnum opus being "A History of the Crusades" (Cambridge University Press 1951-54.)
BDMsJames Cochran S Runciman was born on 7 Jul 1903 reg. Dist of Castle Ward, NBL, ENG.3,1,5,6
James Cochran S Runciman died on 1 Nov 2000 Radway, WAR, ENG, at age 97; at the home of a great nephew (but reg. Jun 2001.)3,1,6 He was buried Lochmaben, nr Lockerbie, DFS, SCT.3
Names/other infoJames Cochran S Runciman witnessed the marriage of Walter Leslie Runciman and Rosamond Nina Lehmann in Dec 1923.10
LinksFor the Wikipedia information on Sir Steven Runciman click here.1
Click here to see Steven's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.11
|Charts||Lineage 1c: Robert & Janet (SINCLAIR) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar|
|Last Edited||16 Aug 2017|
- [S2449] Wikipedia online at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page, Steven RUNCIMAN CH (7 Jul 1903 - 1 Nov 2000), from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Runciman, extracted Feb 2010.
- [S1045] H D W, "RUNCIMAN Correspondence," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Correspondence with Sir Steven Runciman, 1985, copy rcvd Feb 2010.
- [S2693] Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, online ed online at http://www.oxforddnb.com/, Averil Cameron, 'Runciman, Sir James Cochran Stevenson [Steven] (1903-2000)', Oxford University Press, 2004, extracted Jan 2008.
- [S2449] Wikipedia online at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page, Walter RUNCIMAN 1st Viscount Runciman of Doxford (19 Nov 1870 - 14 Nov 1949), from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…, extracted Feb 2010.
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, Birth reg. 1903 Q3 James Cochran S RUNCIMAN, reg. Castle Ward, NBL, 10b/389, extracted Oct 2011.
- [S6] Birth death marriage indexes: 1916-2005 (St Caths), http://ancestry.com, Dth reg. Jun 2001 James Cochrane S RUNCIMAN, born 7 Jul 1903, reg. Mid Warwickshire, WAR 13B/7752 #10, extracted Oct 2011.
- [S15] RUNCIMAN DNA Project online at http://dnasurnames.info/lineages/spRUNCIMANLineages.htm,.
- [S3266] Mary Denley Runciman nee Drury, "RUNCIMAN/SMITH, from Mary R via Ros," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, 1977 RUNCIMAN family tree from Sir Steven RUNCIMAN, copy rcvd May 2013.
- [S2655] Don RUNCIMAN (52338), "RUNCIMAN corres. with Don R.," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Letter (part) abt 1995 from Sir Steven RUNCIMAN to Lex RUNCIMAN, copy rcvd from Don R, Sep 2008.
- [S2693] Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, online ed online at http://www.oxforddnb.com/, Judith Priestman, 'Lehmann, Rosamond Nina (1901-1990)', rev., Oxford University Press, 2004, extracted Jan 2008.
- [S3217] WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct-11.