(say 1781 - aft. 1810)
|Father*||Thomas Runciman (m. Elspeth KEMP)2 (circa Jan 1750 - )|
|Mother*||Elspeth Kemp3 (circa Mar 1751 - )|
BDMsMarion Runciman was born say 1781 ?Innerwick, ELN, SCT, date a complete guess, but assumed to be nearish to husband Walter's, and not older than usual when married Walter (1806). As her maternal grandmother appears to be Grizel (COCKBURN), it is also assumed that Marion would not be the first daughter. Not that the naming pattern would appear not to be that important for this family as Ann precedes Alison, the name of her paternal grandmother (all of which assumes the tree is as presented here.)1,3
Marion Runciman married Walter Runciman, son of Peter Runciman and Jane Smith, on 23 Aug 1806 Edinburgh, MLN, SCT; Transcr. of Innerwick entry shows: "Edinburgh Aug 23rd - Walter Runciman sailor and Marion Runciman of Innerwick parish were married irregularly by Joseph Robertson Minister. The said Marion Runciman having applied to get her marriage sustained and registered after rebuke: the same (illegible) was ordered and a certificate allowed her upon removal from the parish"
The Edinburgh entry however, for the same date, read: "Willm (sic) Runciman sailor & Marion Runciman Daughter of Thos Runciman Plewman Thorntonloch Gave up their Names for marriage Willm McKay & Alexr McKay"
Given the exact date Innerwick and Edinburgh, "Willm"'s occupation, William in Edinburgh just has to be Walter.1,4,5,6,2,3
Marion Runciman died aft. 1810; date assumes son Walter was born around 1810. Wonder who brought him up if Marion did indeed die around 1811 as indicated on the earliest of Sir Steven's charts?7,8
|Walter Runciman (Aug 1785 - Oct 1851)|
|Charts||Lineage 1c: Robert & Janet (SINCLAIR) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar (#1)|
Lineage 1c: Robert & Janet (SINCLAIR) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar (#2)
|Last Edited||23 May 2013|
- [S2342] RUNCIMAN Misc. web searches & correspondence Marr. 1806 Walter RUNCIMAN & Marion RUNCIMAN of Innerwick, Film 1067850, in 2001 posting of Innerwick PRs by Alethea WATSON, extracted May 2007.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 23 Aug 1806 Willm (sic) RUNCIMAN & Marion d/o Thos RUNCIMAN (plewman of Thorntonloch),Canongate, Edinburgh, MLN 685/03 0170 0110, copy d/loaded May 2013.
- [S3] Lorna Henderson, "RUNCIMAN Analysis", May 2013.
- [S103] Scotlands People Index, "OPR East Lothian SctP RUNCIMAN Marriages 1538-1854", Marr. 23 Aug 1806 Walter RUNCIMAN & Marion RUNCIMAN, Innerwick, 711/0030 0405, extracted from index, Feb 2010.
- [S3082] Rootsweb: RUNCIMAN Mailing List online at http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/surname/r/…, Marr. 1806 Walter RUNCIMAN (sailor) & Marion RUNCIMAN (of Innerwick Parish), irregularly married Edinburgh Aug 23rd, recorded in Innerwick Parish Registers, film 1067850, extracted by Patsy, Christchurch, NZ, posted to board Feb 2001 by Alethea, rechecked Feb 2010.
- [S2923] Steve GIBBS (d. 2009), "Family of Thomas RUNCIMAN and Alison GRIEVE ex Steve G's RUNCIMAN pages", Extracted and published under the sources page of the RUNCIMAN One Name Study (http://runciman.lornahen.com/lineages/s1.htm#s2923), Marr. 23 Aug 1806 Walter RUNCIMAN & Marion RUNCIMAN, extracted Feb 2010.
- [S2342] RUNCIMAN Misc. web searches & correspondence Birth c 1774 Dth 1811 Marion RUNCIMAN (marr. to Walter RUNCIMAN b Girton 1770 d Dunbar 1846), Email from Mary via RUNCIMAN Rootsweb mailing list, rcvd Sep 2005.
- [S3266] Mary Denley Runciman nee Drury, "RUNCIMAN/SMITH, from Mary R via Ros," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, 1977 RUNCIMAN family tree from Sir Steven RUNCIMAN, copy rcvd May 2013.
- [S2655] Don RUNCIMAN (52338), "RUNCIMAN corres. with Don R.," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Letter (part) abt 1995 from Sir Steven RUNCIMAN to Lex RUNCIMAN, copy rcvd from Don R, Sep 2008.
- [S1045] H D W, "RUNCIMAN Correspondence," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Correspondence with Sir Steven Runciman, 1985, copy rcvd Feb 2010.
- [S3217] WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct-11.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 24 Jan 1808 Peter s/o Walter & Marion RANSOMIN, Irvine, AYR, 595/00 0020 0154, copy rcvd (from Alan R) Jan 2013.
- [S2923] Steve GIBBS (d. 2009), "Family of Thomas RUNCIMAN and Alison GRIEVE ex Steve G's RUNCIMAN pages", Extracted and published under the sources page of the RUNCIMAN One Name Study (http://runciman.lornahen.com/lineages/s1.htm#s2923), Birth 12 Apr 1810 Walter s/o Walter RUNCIMAN & Marion RUNCIMAN, Irvine, AYR, extracted Feb 2010.