On this page
- Scottish Descendant Charts
- English Descendant Charts
- Miscellaneous Descendant Charts
- Lineage Numbering System
- Inter-related families
Please bear in mind that these charts, particularly those not for my own family, do not purport to be complete, containing only those I've happened upon, or are needed to show where people, eg researchers, "fit".
Following the person links within each chart will show full source data for the information included, and any further information available.
In general the only non RUNCIMAN names included are the partners, although exceptions may occur where a link to a researcher of a line is included.
- Andrew & Jane (DOWNIE) RUNCIEMAN of Aberdeen (marr. abt 1790)
- Lineage 1a: George & Jennet (FINLAW) RUNCIMAN of Berwickshire The family of Earlston and Wantonwalls
- Lineage 1b: William (JAMIESON/WISHART) RUNCIMAN of Crail aka William of Crail
- Lineage 1c: Robert & Janet (SINCLAIR) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar Includes Thomas of Innerwick
- Lineage 1d: Alexander & Janet (HENDRIE) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar, ELN Several conundrums to be resolved!
- Lineage 2a: James & Agnes (HERRIOT) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar, ELN
- Lineage 2b: John & Isabella (PALMER) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar, ELN
- Lineage 2c: John & Susan (DONALDSON) RUNCIMAN of Inchture, PER
- James & Mary (TOSHACH) RUNCIMAN of Perth, PER
- John & Katharine (KERR) RUNCIMAN marr. about 1742
- James & Mary (GRAHAM) RUNCH/RUNCIMAN of Kirkintilloch (DNB) then Campsie (STI), marr. abt 1805
- John & Mary (McPHERSON) RUNCIMAN marr. about 1805?
- William RUNCIMAN of Birchmore House, Woburn
- James & Mary (BURTON) RUNCIEMAN of Westminster then Essex
- John & Eleanor RUNSHIMAN of Cornhill/Newcastle, NBL marr. 1769 Newcastle upon Tyne (NBL), lived Cornhill (NBL)
- Richard & Jane (SANDERSON) RUNCHMAN of Berwick upon Tweed, NBL marr. 1794 Cornhill (NBL)
The numbering scheme is xyzn where:
- x groups like DNA Haplogroups (1=I1, 2=R1, 3 = E1)
- y then groups sharing a specific marker within x
- z is then another marker specific grouping within y, OR the head of a lineage sharing markers with y
- n is any additional numbering required within z to head a lineage
At the top of each chart so numbered there should be an explanation of why the grouping has been done, with a more visual chart being available on the DNA pages, eg the Summary Results