John Broome Runciman1
(1 Feb 1867 - 22 Jun 1931)
|Father*||George Runciman2,3 (circa 1839 - circa 1877)|
|Mother*||Mary Duggan3 (circa 1850 - aft. 1902)|
BDMsJohn Broome Runciman was born on 1 Feb 1867 Limerick, LIM, IRL.4,3,1,5 He was baptized in 1867 St Michael, City of Limerick, LIM, IRL.3
John Broome Runciman married Emma Mary McElenry, daughter of Andrew McEleney, on 28 Nov 1894 in the Par. Ch, Whitton, MDX, ENG, cert. shows John Broome as 27 bandmaster resid. Whitton, s/o George RUNCIMAN, colour Sergeant; Emma Mary as 24 resid. Twickenham d/o Andrew McELENEY, professor of music; Wit: Andrew McELENEY, Mary ??, Albert JOINER.6,2
John Broome Runciman died on 22 Jun 1931 in the Northern Hosp., Liverpool, LAN, ENG, at age 64.1,7
CensusJohn Broome Runciman appeared on the census of 1881 at the Barracks, Maryhill, LKS, SCT, in the household of William Paxton and Mary Paxton as son of William.9
John Broome Runciman appeared on the census of 31 Jan 1901 on Queen St, Ruabon, Dist of Wrexham, DEN, WLS, enumerated as John RUNCIMAN, unm, 34, Trooper 89th Coy Provincial Yeomanry, b. Ireland, boarder in hsehold of Thomas & Elizabeth WILLIAMS.
Although the record shows J B RUNCIMAN as unmarried, he is the right age, and birthplace to be the married John Broome RUNCIMAN. The census date is about 3 wks after John Broome R. had (re) enlisted as a musician in Cheshire, in the Cheshhire regiment. The link is the 89th Yeomanry, as the medal cards for the South Africa Medal show Srgt J B RUNCIMAN, regimental # 33504 in the 89th Welsh Imperial Yeomanry, which regimental number is the same as John Broome RUNCIMAN's in his pension records. Wife Emma and children were living in Cheshire, John not at home.10,11
The census of 1911 showed John with his wife Emma, their sons George and John, their dtrs Dorothy, Winifred, Christina and Eleanor Haddon Rd (24), Birkenhead, CHS, ENG, household enumerated as RUNCIMAN: John 47 army pensioner school attendance officer for City of Liverpool b Limerick, IRL; wife Emma 41 b Halifax, Nova Scotia, marr. 16 yrs 6 children, all living; Children: Dorothy 15 app. dressmaker, Winifred 14, George 12 school, all b Punjab, India; Christina 11 school b Leith, Edin; Eleanor 7 school b New Ferry CHS; John 3 b Rock Ferry CHS.12
DNA InfoJohn Broome's line needs a/another participant in the RUNCIMAN Surname DNA Project. Check out the Wanted! page for further information.
LinksClick here to see John Broome and family on the FamilySearch FamilyTree.13
|Emma Mary McElenry (circa 1870 - )|
|Charts||John & Jean (WATT) RUNCIMAN of Haddington, ELN|
|Last Edited||8 Dec 2016|
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, Attestation 8 Mar 1901 John Broome RUNCIMAN, b. 1869, Limerick, #33504, Imperial Yeomanry, from Chelsea Pensioners, extracted Aug 2010.
- [S2916] London Metropolitan Archives: Birth death marriage (filmed originals): , Marr. 28 Nov 1894 John Broome RUNCIMAN & Emma Mary McELENEY, from London Metropolitan Archives, Saint Philip And Saint James, Whitton, Register of marriages, DRO/158, Item 006, extracted Aug 2010.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Birth 1 Feb 1867 John s/o George RUNCIMAN & Mary DUGGAN, Limerick, IRL, bap. St Michals, City of Limerick, from Ireland, Births and Baptisms, 1620-1911, film 101144, extracted from index Oct 2012.
- [S1597] FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth 1867 John RUNCIMAN, Limerick, from film 101044 Vol 5 Pg 491 Dig. folder 4187284, image 00347, extracted Aug 2010.
- [S1597] FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth 1 Feb 1867 John s/o George RUNCIMAN & Mary DUGGAN, Limerick, Ireland, from Ireland Births and Baptisms, 1620-1881, (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FPH5-RJV : reference v 5 p 491; FHL microfilm 101144), extracted Nov 2013.
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, Marr. 28 Nov 1894 John Broome RUNCIMAN & Emma M McELENRY, Whitton, in Service papers from Chelsea Pensioners, extracted Aug 2010.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Dth 22 Jun Probate 15 Jul 1931 John Broome RUNCIMAN, Birkenhead, Chester, from England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1861-1941, extracted Aug 2010.
- [S4] Lorna Henderson, "RUNCIMAN Conclusions", Feb 2014.
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, 1881 Census: Maryhill Barracks, LKS, Piece 6221 Folio 18 Pg 19, William & Mary PAXTON, extracted Feb 2014.
- [S213] 1901 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Sub Dist Ruabon, Dist Wrexham, DEN, RG13; Piece: 5216; Folio: 30; Page: 34. hsehold of Thomas & Elizabeth WILLIAMS, extracted Nov 2013.
- [S3] Lorna Henderson, "RUNCIMAN Analysis", Nov 2013.
- [S215] 1911 Census images, ENG, http://www.findmypast.co.uk/CensusPersonStartSearchServlet , http://ancestry.com, Sub Dist Tranmere, Diist Birkenhead, CHS RG14PN22032 RG78PN1309 RD452 SD2 ED29 SN47, hsehold of John & Emma RUNCIMAN, extracted Aug 2010.
- [S1598] FamilySearch Family Tree online at https://familysearch.org/tree/, Dec 2013.
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, Family of John Broome RUNCIMAN & Emma M McELENRY, in Service papers from Chelsea Pensioners, extracted Aug 2010.