Don Runciman (R-3)1
(27 Dec 1924 - 18 Dec 2011)
|Father*||William Alexander Runciman1 (Feb 1890 - Oct 1950)|
|Mother*||Lillian Agnes Ross2 (Jun 1893 - Feb 1969)|
BDMsDon Runciman (R-3) was born on 27 Dec 1924 Caldwell, ID, USA.3,4,5
Don Runciman (R-3) died on 18 Dec 2011 Seattle, King Co., WA, USA, at age 86; Don's obit: Donald Alexander Runciman: Newspaper Obituary and Death Notice Seattle Times, The (WA) - January 4, 2012
Donald Alexander Runciman, 86, passed away from heart failure on Sunday, December 18, 2011 in Seattle. He was born December 27, 1924 in Caldwell, Idaho, and had lived in the Seattle area for most of his adult life. He was a bronze star-decorated veteran of the U.S. Army in WWII, serving as a truck driver in a tank battalion of the 14th Armored Division. After the war he became a chemical engineer, and many years later earned an MBA. After retirement he became a Washington wetlands steward, working with kids to reforest streams for salmon population. He was an avid hiker, outdoorsman, and breeder/trainer of hunting dogs, and politically active until his health declined in recent years. He was preceded in death by his brother, Bill Runciman, his wife of 46 years, Helen Runciman, and daughter Karen Runciman, and is survived by daughter Kim Runciman, nephews Harold and John, and niece Kay. A memorial service will be held at Evergreen-Washelli Funeral Home on Sat. Jan. 7, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation in honor of his wife and daughter.
Copyright (c) 2012 The Seattle Times.5
CensusDon Runciman (R-3) appeared on the census of 1930 922 Dunoon?, Caldwell, Canyon, ID, USA, in the household of William Alexander Runciman and Lillian Agnes Runciman as son of William.4
DNA InfoClick here for Don's DNA results .7
Don has tested in the RUNCIMAN Surname DNA Project. Follow this link for further DNA information.
Researcher(s)Don was researching the line of James Runciman (m. to Agnes HERRIOT).1,8
|Charts||Lineage 2a: James & Agnes (HERRIOT) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar, ELN|
|Last Edited||26 May 2012|
- [S2150] Don RUNCIMAN & Marie-Josee, "Family of James RUNCIMAN & Janet HOGG ex Don & Marie", Copy of pdf rcvd from Marie-Josee Dec 2007, with acknowledgement by her that Francis' descendants came from Don, Rootsweb RUNCIMAN list, Oct 2007.
- [S2329] USA census images, Various, 1930 Caldwell, Canyon, Idaho; Roll 398 Pg 6B ED 6 Image 606, hsehold of William & Lillian A RUNCIMAN, extracted Dec 2007.
- [S2150] Don RUNCIMAN & Marie-Josee, "Family of James RUNCIMAN & Janet HOGG ex Don & Marie", Copy of pdf rcvd from Marie-Josee Dec 2007, with acknowledgement by her that Francis' descendants came from Don, Email from Don, rcvd Dec 2007.
- [S808] Census images, USA, 1930 Caldwell, Canyon, Idaho; Roll 398 Pg 6B ED 6 Image 606, hsehold of William & Lillian A RUNCIMAN, extracted Dec 2007.
- [S3120] GenealogyBank Newspapers online at http://GenealogyBank.com, Obit 4 Jan 2012 Donald Alexander RUNCIMAN, (1924-2011) from The Seattle Times, (WA), extracted May 2012.
- [S2342] RUNCIMAN Misc. web searches & correspondence RUNCIMAN Surname DNA Project results, http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/r/runciman/, rcvd Apr 2008.
- [S15] RUNCIMAN DNA Project online at http://dnasurnames.info/lineages/spRUNCIMANLineages.htm, Dec 2007.
- [S2655] Don RUNCIMAN (52338), "RUNCIMAN corres. with Don R.," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Oct 2007, updated Feb 2010.