(25 Jul 1892 - 22 Feb 1991)
BDMsMary L Gorton was born on 25 Jul 1892 Waterloo, Jackson Co., MI, USA, 28th on ancestry index 25th on image, which shows Mary L as d/o Orville farmer, & Mary E GORTON, (reg. May 6, 1893.)4,2,3,5,6
Mary L Gorton married Claude B Runciman, son of Andrew Brown Runciman and Martha Jane Putney, on 24 Jan 1912 Waterloo, Jackson Co., MI, cert. shows Mary L as 19 d/o Orville (& LEEKE) GORTON ; Claude B as 23 farmer, s/o Andrew (& PUTNEY) RUNCIMAN; Both resid./born Waterloo; License issued 23rd; Marr. by Pastor W B SEYMOUR; Wit: M A & Sarah E REITHMULLER of Waterloo.2,4,3
Mary L Gorton married Robert C Brown circa 1924 ?Stockbridge, Ingham Co., MI, USA, assuming his 1st is her 2nd.4
Mary R Brown died on 22 Feb 1991 Chelsea, Washtenaw Co., MI, USA, at age 98; assumed to be Mary R BROWN, Last Residence: 48118 Chelsea, Washtenaw, Michigan. Born: 25 Jul 1892 Died: 22 Feb 1991. State (Year) SSN issued: Michigan (1962.)4,7,8
CensusMary Gorton Runciman appeared on the census of 23 Jan 1920 Waterloo, Jackson Co., MI, USA, enumerated as GORTON: Orville 69 head owned freehold widower b MI F b NY M b PA, farmer gen farm; Dtr Mary G RUNCIMAN 27 wid b MI F/M b MI; Grdson Keneth C RUNCIMAN 7 b MI F/M b MI, at school; Also housekeeper Dell JACOX 57 and grdchild Ettie G BOWDISH 12 b MI.9
Mary R Brown appeared on the census of 1930 Stockbridge, Ingham Co., MI, USA, with Robert C Brown, enumerated as BROWN: Robert C 45 post master b MI F/M b MI, 1st marr. at 39, own home, $5000 wife Mary R 37 1st marr at 19 b MI F/M b MI; Son Robert A 1 b MI F/M b MI; Stepson Kenneth C RUNCIMAN 17 b MI F/M b MI Servant Dell JACOX.4
Researcher(s)Mary was researching the line of William Runciman. Forebear of the William and James cousins or brothers; She is believed to be the creator of "the Runciman wheel" chart about the Michigan RUNCIMAN families related to those of Wanton Walls.10
|Charts||Lineage 1a: George & Jennet (FINLAW) RUNCIMAN of Berwickshire|
|Last Edited||27 Feb 2012|
- Implied maiden name.
- [S808] Census images, USA, 1920 Waterloo, Jackson, MI Roll: T625_774; Pg 7A ED 47 Image 1096, hsehold of Orville GORTON, extracted Nov 2007.
- [S1597] FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Marr. 24 Jan 1912 Claude B s/o Andrew ((& PUTNEY) RUNCIMAN; Mary L d/o Orville (& LEEKE) GORTON, Waterloo, Jackson Co., MI, from Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925 film 2342697, extracted Oct 2011.
- [S808] Census images, USA, 1930 Stockbridge, Ingham, MI, roll: 992; Pg: 5B; ED 59; Image 237.0, hsehold of Robert C & Mary R BROWN, extracted May 2007.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Birth 28 Jul 1892 Mary L d/o Orville & May E GORTON, Waterloo, Jackson, MI, from Michigan, Births and Christenings Index, 1867-1911, extracted Oct 2011.
- [S1597] FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth 25 Jul 1892 Mary L d/o Orville & Mary E GORTON, Waterloo, Jackson, MI, from Michigan Births, 1867-1902, film 2322377, extracted Oct 2011.
- [S1793] SSDI also at http://ancestry.com/ and http://resources.rootsweb.com/USA/CA/SanFrancisco/#ssdi , Dth 22 Feb 1991 Mary R BROWN, born 25 Jul 1892, last resid. Chelsea, Washtenaw, MI, extracted Oct 2011.
- [S2342] RUNCIMAN Misc. web searches & correspondence William & James RUNCIMAN of Michigan, 2003 posting by John Joseph (Joe) MAPES, extracted May 2007.
- [S2329] USA census images, Various, 1920 Waterloo, Jackson, MI Roll: T625_774; Pg 7A ED 47 Image 1096, hsehold of Orville GORTON, extracted Nov 2007.
- [S2661] Mary Gorton Runciman BROWN (50226), "The Michigan RUNCIMAN "Wheel" Chart", copy rcvd from Jerry & Glenna RUNCIMAN, Dec 2007.