(30 May 1793 - 20 Nov 1877)
|Father*||James Runciman (m. to Agnes HERRIOT)1 (Aug 1763 - )|
|Mother*||Agnes Herriot1 (Sep 1760 - )|
BDMsGeorge Runciman was born on 30 May 1793 Ayton, BEW, SCT.1,2
George Runciman married Elizabeth Dalgleish on 21 Nov 1817 Clockmill, Par. of Duns, BEW, SCT, banns both Ayton and Duns (5th May, George labourer Cocklaw, Ayton Elizabeth Dalgleish d/o Walter miller Clockmill Wit Walter Dalgleish and David White) Phil's 2001 posting has 21 Nov 1817) others May 1818.1,3,2,4
George Runciman died on 20 Nov 1877 Papatoetoe, AKD, NZ; aged 85, farmer, s/o James RUNCIMAN, farmer and Agnes HERRIOT, born Berwickshire, married at 25 yrs at Duns, SCT to Elizabeth Dalgleish, inf Robert, issue living: 2M 4F.3
CensusGeorge Runciman and Elizabeth Runciman appeared on the census of 1841 New Farm, Berwick upon Tweed, NBL, ENG, and are assumed to be husband and wife. They were enumerated as RUNCIMAN: George 45 ag lab, Elizabeth 43 b SCT; Assumed children: Barbara 20, Margaret 15, Walter 12, Elizabeth 9, Robert 5, Jane 4, Isabella 2 all b SCT.6
George Runciman was shown as the head of the household in the census of 1851 Inland Pasture Farm, Scremerston, Dist of Berwick, NBL, ENG, with Elizabeth enumerated as RUNCIMAN: George 52 ag lab, wife Elizabeth 50 both b SCT; Children: Walter 20 ag lab, Elizabeth 18 bondager both b Berwick on Tweed; Robert 15 ag lab b SCT; Isabella 11 scholar b Berwick on Tweed.4
Names/other infoGeorge and Elizabeth Runciman immigrated with Walter, George, Jane, Elizabeth, Isabella7 (?so when did Margaret come out?) On the "Cashmere" arriving 10 Oct 1851 Auckland,AKD,NZ A newspaper report (Sydney) shows the followiing passengers arr. Auck., from Gravesend 16th Jun: Mr. and Mrs. Runciman, Miss Runciman (Margaret? or Barbara?), the Misses Elizabeth, Jane, and Isabella Runciman, Messrs. B. (sic, s/be R?), Walter, and Master Runciman (George?)1,8
|Elizabeth Dalgleish (circa 1793 - Sep 1887)|
|Charts||Lineage 2a: James & Agnes (HERRIOT) RUNCIMAN of Dunbar, ELN|
|Last Edited||21 Sep 2016|
- [S1293] Ian FYFE, "EM RUNCIMAN/HERRIOT, ex Fyfe's Lower Hutt, WTN, NZ," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Rcvd Feb 1999.
- [S2200] Phil RUNCIMAN, "EM RUNCIMAN/HERRIOT ex Phil R, AK," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Rootsweb RUNCIMAN mailing list posting, Jul 2001, extracted Jan 2008.
- [S2342] RUNCIMAN Misc. web searches & correspondence RUNCIMANs from "Jewel and Ian Fyfe's Family History Page", http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jewellian/Scott.htm, extracted Oct 2007.
- [S202] 1851 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Scremerston, Sub Dist Islandshire Dist Berwick NBL HO107/2421 ED 3c F 126 Pg 22 sched 65 hsehold of George & Elizabeth RUNCIMAN, extracted Oct 2007.
- [S1293] Ian FYFE, "EM RUNCIMAN/HERRIOT, ex Fyfe's Lower Hutt, WTN, NZ," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, From web page http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jewelian/Scott.htm, extracted Jan 2008.
- [S200] 1841 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Berwick Upon Tweed, NBL HO107/844/5 ED 15 F 53 Pg 5 hsehold of George & Elizabeth RUNCIMAN, extracted Oct 2007.
- [S2333] Rootsweb Msge Board online at http://boards.rootsweb.com, 1851 "Cashmere", ex Auckland Shipping Index, RUNCIMAN board posting, Sep 2001 by Phil RUNCIMAN, extracted Oct 2007.
- [S3129] Trove - Digitised Newspapers, 19 Oct 1851 RUNCIMAN family, on "Cashmere" from Gravesend 16 Jun, arr. Auckland, reported as "SHIPS' MAILS". (1851, November 3). The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), p. 2, online at http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article31733985, extracted Jan 2013.
- [S2333] Rootsweb Msge Board online at http://boards.rootsweb.com, "Cashmere" Oct 1851 arr. Auck, posted Sep 2001 by Phil R, extracted Jan 2013.